Darkly Labs Community

Topo Map of Maui

I did most of the artwork months ago, but never had time to cut it until a couple of weeks ago.  This was the prototype for me to work out the bugs on.  Not too bad in the end.  The material is just poster board from the Dollar Store.  The final version was a gift for my mom and was sent to her as a box of all the pieces shaking around inside and a note saying “call me when you figure it out and I’ll send you the last piece (the blue water) to make sense of it”.  She loves doing puzzles and as soon as it was done she asked when I’ll be sending the next one!  Each layer represents approx 500 feet of elevation.

2 Likes

Fantastic work Wayne!

Congrats to your mum for putting it all together too. You could really make her job a lot harder by cutting each layer into multiple jigsaw parts if you wanted.

Can’t wait to see the next one.

Thanks Domenic! She loves jigsaw puzzles and that was my first thing I tried using solid cardboard for bookbinding (1mm I think) but the charring was so bad I could never dial it in and the parts were a slopy fit. Have to give it a go again one of these days.