Darkly Labs Community

Simple Lampshade

Here is a prototype lampshade I made for my daughter.  Just a layering of translucent vellum and black card stock. The card stock is sandwiched between layers of vellum to keep the smaller pieces from moving about.  It is only taped on the very edges. 

I need to adjust the size of the cutout a little and figure out a better way to bind it all together. I think the laser work turned out well.  I used 100% power at 10mm/sec (I think going off memory).  I would go a little slower next time as I had to use a knife for a few spots.  The laser could have been a little lower as well.  This was the first time I cut anything in ages.

1 Like

Looks great Matthew.

Well done. Thanks for sharing.