Darkly Labs Community

Shift in cutline - Help!

Hi everyone, 

we’ve been cutting plywood with our Emblaser2 for a few months now and have had great results. 
Today, we started cutting some letters that we had already cut a few weeks back without any problems. 

The letter “t” does some weird shift with an edge during the cutting process. I’ve updated the software, I’ve tried positioning it everywhere on my material, I’ve changed settings, I basically tried everything I know. 
The weird thing is: When I use a lot more speed with the same settings, just to get the outlines shown, it is working correctly. 

In the attached image, you can see the cutline with the edge at low speed and the outline (where it is supposed to cut) a little thinner next to the edge. 

Does anyone know what’s going on and how we can solve this? 

EDIT: It happens with letter “I” (same base shape), too.

Kind regards from Germany, 
Lena

Hi Lena,

I’ve had a similar issue in the past, was really strange only happened on the number “1” on some jobs when I was line engraving.

Rolling back the software to an earlier version was a patch fix for me however what has worked for me now was making sure I was running the latest software (which you appear to be doing) and the latest Emblaser 2/core firmware. Darkly Labs don’t seem to let us know when they update the firmware but I believe it has been updated recently to go with all the Lightburn updates which have been released of late. Give that a shot and let us know if it fixes it like it did for me. :slight_smile:

https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004038388-Emblaser2-Core-Firmware

Jeremy

Hi Lena,

Thanks for posting on the Emblaser Community site!

I’ll create a support ticket for this so we can assist you directly.

 

Best regards,

 

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S

d a r k l y l a b s . c o m