Darkly Labs Community

Running 3D files on the Core using LB

I recently starting doing the Norton method for white tiles & I want to try 3D files now on tiles painted multiple colours. I want to purchase files from a particular website but, I’m not sure what files will work? I also have a bunch of 3D files (V3M) I use on my CNC but, I’m not sure the files I have will work? I use VCarve Pro for my CNC  (no laser add on) & I noticed the Emblaser listed in  the machines list of codes but, so far I’ve had no luck… Can I use V3M  (tap) files in LB? If not what can I use? Thanks

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting on the Darkly Labs Community Site!

LightBurn is two dimensional software package that is not able to import 3D file types, including .V3D files (Vectric 3D Model) which is a proprietary file type, created by Vectrics who produce the VCarve software.

LightBurn can open most 2D raster and vector file types - I’ve included these in the screenshot below:

For tiles with multiple layers of paint, the ‘depth’ will need to be set by carefully tuning the Speed & Power so that only the required layer/s are removed by the laser.

I’d love to see how you go with this if you feel like sharing your journey!

Best regards,

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S

d a r k l y l a b s . c o m

G’day Liam, can’t say I’m not disappointed to hear that but challenge accepted. Thanks mate