Darkly Labs Community

Loud constant beep after first turn on

Just finished assembling my E core. First time turned on it tries to home but has a constant beep and then wont move. Ideas?

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on completing the assembly of your Emblaser Core!

The first thing to check is that the SD Card is inserted correctly, it can sometimes pop out when the Controller Board Cover is being positioned.

Next, make sure the FFC (Flat Flexible Cable) is fully seated in its the connectors at each end.

Let me know if either of these resolves the issue or if you are still experiencing the long beep at startup.

Best regards,

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S

d a r k l y l a b s . c o m

As it turned out i did not have the SD card pushed in the whole way however now I have another issue. When trying to home when first turned on the laser head goes all the way to the left side and bangs up against the side of the machine about ten times before going back to the home left hand corner. It does this in lightburn as well and i get error: Alarm lock. 

Also most of the time it chooses to go to the front left corner then back to the center left side without going to the rear left to home. 

Andy it sounds like your left homing switch is not working properly, this is a small switch on the left side of the laser head with a small chrome lever, you should see this lever move as the head touches the side of the print area, which defines the LH edge of the print region. If the switch does not close when it does this movement it will try multiple times before moving to the middle of the print area and alarming.

Try this, move the head to the middle of the print area and power on the Emblaser, with something like a pencil, hold it so that the carriage moves into the pencil and closes the switch lever, you should then see the head move to the back and do the same with the Y limit switch which is on the back of the laser head.

If the head is still not picking up the movement to the left then check the ribbon cable is inserted properly on both ends, this is what this signal travels along.

Liam, will be able to help you beyond this.

Good luck, Mark

Hi Andy,

It sounds as though there is something preventing your Emblaser from homing correctly. There are a few checks we can do to try to find the cause of the issue.

Initial Checks:

1. Please check that nothing is obstructing the  Homing Switches  on the  Laser Carriage , such as a wire, belt end or debris.

2. Please ensure that each  Homing Switch  makes an audible click when pressed manually.

3. Please check that the FFC (Flat Flexible Cable) is fully seated in its connectors at each end.

If this does not resolve the problem I’ll create a support ticket and we’ll take a closer look at what might be going on.

Best regards,

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S

d a r k l y l a b s . c o m