Everyone had fun playing the game at Christmas dinner, so I made a custom set. I bought blank wood dice and spent time making a fixture so now I can size and align any artwork quickly for the dice (a 50 pack was only $9 so I’ve got lots of blanks for future projects). The box was from the craft store and the chips were 1/8" ply. The artwork, while nothing crazy, is my own. It took a while to make the dice photo, but once I figured out how it was dead simple*. A light 400 grit sanding and a few coats of rattle can lacquer and it was being played that evening. About 2 hours to engrave and cut everything. Most of that time was cutting the 36 chips I got out of the scrap piece of wood I tossed in the laser.
* dead simple disclaimer: I used Fusion 360 to model a die, then copied and rotated to create a model of the “rolling dice”. Then I went into rendering mode and used a white background and messed randomly with color settings until it looked ok. Saved the rendered image as a .png and then it was time to import that into LightBurn. So maybe not dead simple, but simpler then the other methods I tried first!