Darkly Labs Community

Laser power suddenly reduced?

Hi,

Ive been using my emblaser for a couple of hours now. At first i cut 1mm birch plywood with 75% power, 1 pass, and 500mm/min and it perfectly cut through it. Now trying the same settings, same material, and i can barely see any effect on the material?? What should i do, is there a problem with the laser diode, or is it software/driver related or something. 

Best regards,

Frustrated and confused.

Just tried 100% and 500mm/m on a 1mm paper, and it doesn’t even cut through that. Any ideas?

It somehow went out of focus or something?

I removed the silicone nozzle and now it’s working again, i think… I’m total newbie with these machines and just freaking out on simple things i guess.

I think you will find that the laser beam is not coming through the air assist nozzle properly. Every time I remove the nozzle for cleaning I make a calibration test to make sure the beam cuts properly. Sometimes a slight tweak is required but I am sure that is what is causing your problem.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. It seemed to be the issue. I’ve been using the laser without the silicone nozzle for now. I have the air assist module but i haven’t installed it yet. 

-Niko

@Ralph Robertson

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you tweak your nozzle to make them cut properly again? Mine has a brass nozzle and after the deep lens cleaning I can’t get the lasers to cut anything :frowning:

Hi Adela,

I am running an EM2 with the rubber nozzle so it is simply a matter of grabbing hold of it and manipulating the end so it points in the right direction. I repeatedly run a calibration until I am happy it is right. It makes a huge difference if you get the beam pointed to the middle of the nozzle.

What the procedure is for the brass nozzle I don’t know but I see Darkly now sell the rubber nozzle in their online shop. See if the laser will cut without the air assist attached, it usually shows that the alignment is wrong.

Ralph