Darkly Labs Community

E2 ON LEATHER

Engraved a leather key ring today using the E2.  10% power @ 800mm/min.

The results are really good - apart from the fact that the logo is not in the middle and the other side (not shown) was a complete stuff up due to the keychain moving during the engraving.  image.jpg

Looking good Daryl.

hi daryl,  nice job!!  If i can give you a hint…engrave the leather, then cut out the shape and make the key ring, that way you dont have to worry about the alignment. …great to see some more leather engraving. cheers

THANKS Caroline,

I love your work.  It was a quick test and I was a bit hasty in aligning the job.  Key rings were purchased pre made…is that cheating?

Cheers

Daryl

THANKS Caroline,

I love your work.  It was a quick test and I was a bit hasty in aligning the job.  Key rings were purchased pre made…is that cheating?

Cheers

Daryl

not cheating at all…love the color of the leather.   Probably just me…still have trouble aligning things!

Normally I have the outline drawn on a baseboard first. I do a lot of engraving on wood turned pens for the local woodcraft group of which I’m a member. I’m always nervous about engraving on someone else’s work but so far I haven’t wrecked any.

The leather key rings are available from Trotec in Adelaide for around $1.60  ea. They come in oval or rectangle.

wow…excellent value…certainly wouldnt be making them myself.   Excellent tip on engraving on baseboard first…this may stop me wasting leather. thanks

Logo engrave and leather cut all at the same time. that way the way it looks on the screen will be the way it looks after. 

I find the cutting to be very nice and even much better than a hand cut with a lather knife. Wipe the cut edges with a clean towel or t-shirt (something soft ) and you’re ready to go!