Darkly Labs Community

E2 alarm lock error

Hi,

now I have the next problem with my emblaser,

After switching on my E2 I want to start a new job.

But I got the following infos and the E2 didn’t work.

Smoothie

ok

error:Alarm lock

Starting stream

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

Stream completed in 0:00

Please give me a help. I must work with the E2.

BR

Gert

Hello,

After I posted the post, I also cleaned the PCB fan. And in fact I didn’t get an error message afterwards. But I also checked the technical data of the fan. The original fan (in the new E2) was 12 V DC 0.06A. The fan from your maintenance kit has 12 V DC 0.08 A. So the original fan consumed 20 mA less. How does the surveillance work? If it measures the fan’s power consumption (which may be higher with a dusty fan) then this 20 mA more might be a problem. So my question … should I look for a fan that consumes only 0.06A?

BR

Gert

Hi Gert,

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Emblaser 2.

The Emblaser does not monitor the current drawn by the fan, rather the temperature of components on the board itself. A fan/board that is dusty is harder to cool and this is what the Emblaser will pick up on. Please insure that you have cleaned both the fan and the Laser Driver PCB itself carefully.

In addition to the above, we have recently released a new version of Firmware which has shown promising results in preventing false triggering of the “Alarm lock” error. Please update to the most recent version, available here: https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004038388-Emblaser2-Core-Firmware

If you continue to experience any issues, please let me know and I will open a support ticket to assist you further.

Best regards,

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S

d a r k l y l a b s . c o m

Hi Lliam,

thank you very much for your information.
However, the alarm lock error occurred when the machine was still cold. It was the first switch on on that day. The xyz reference run was carried out and then, when I want to start the job, the emblaser showed me the error info.
In addition, the entire circuit board was clean and largely dust-free (see the picture).

Now I have installed the old (original) fan again and the machine has shown me no further errors so far.

Therefore, it looks (in the moment) like this problem was apparently caused by the 0.08mA fan.
In addition, I have now also made the firmware update.

So I hope that I can now work with my E2 without more problems.

BR

Gert

Hi Lliam,

it looks like a never ending story.

Yesterday after changing the fan and after update the firmware I work one job with the E2 and I hoped that now is all ok.

But today morning I started the E2. The homing was ok. But after the start of the job I got this info :frowning: :frowning:

Waiting for connection…

Port opened, waiting for response.

Smoothie

ok

ok

Starting stream

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

I turned off the E2 and restarted

Now I got this new message

Port opened, waiting for response.

Smoothie

ok

ok

ok

<Alarm,MPos:0.0000,300.0000,50.0000,WPos:0.0000,300.0000,50.0000>

Starting stream

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

I need a quick help now because last week was the largest European jewelry fair in Munich and we received some orders which now have to be produced.

BR

Gert

Hi Gert,

I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you and will do everything I can to get you back up and running as soon as possible!

As I stated earlier, it is unlikely the fans current consumption is the cause of the issue, it sounds like it was a coincidence that the machine worked briefly when you swapped the fan.

To better assist you I have created a support ticket for this matter. I will be reviewing the details with the team and will be in touch as soon as we have a resolution for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S

I also receive the Alarm Lock error with my Emblaser Core on occasion, always when cold or recently turned on, and have found that turning off the the unit, shutting down Laserburn, then restarting Laserburn and then turning on the machine resolves it most times. Sometimes I have to do it two or three times. Is this normal? Was there a resolution to the problem in this post?

1 Like

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for posting on the community site!

There was a bug in firmware versions prior to  126 which would cause intermittent false triggering of the ‘alarm lock’ error message.

Upgrading to the latest version of Controller Firmware is the first thing to do. You can check you current version by typing  version  into the  Console ** tab** and pressing enter. The Emblaser will print out some details including the current Controller Firmware version. You can download the latest version here: https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004038388-Emblaser2-Core-Firmware

The next thing to do is to make sure your  Laser Driver PCB  is clean and free from dust and debris, particularly under the onboard fan. These instructions are for the E2, however once you open the housing on the E-Core the cleaning instructions are the same https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000151855-How-to-clean-the-Laser-Driver-PCB-

If you continue to experience issues, please take note of what happens directly after the alarm lock error occurs. Does the machine return to the home position, or pause in place? Next, please copy the text from the Console tab  at the time of the error and create a support ticket, or send an email to support@darklylabs.com with the details listed above.

Best regards,

Lliam

Customer Support Team

D A R K L Y    L A B S