Darkly Labs Community

Double engraving

I got a job to cut out some bird shapes for a friend of mine and during the process had an idea that combined the engraving process and the laser cutting process. Naturally, I couldn’t find any help anywhere on the internet so I downloaded PEP5, the trial version and set about making it work.

The idea was to engrave a picture into a piece of wood and then engrave another picture into another piece of wood then cut out the subject matter and mount it onto the first piece.

Here is the end result.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

GB

I love pups and thus love this. I plan on getting creative with pictures of my Corgi and this is great inspiration!

Nice work.

Well, I’ve already done all the work, so if anybody wants to know, I’ll try to document the steps.

GB

That would be great GB, I’d love a guide with settings etc as well! Appreciate your time and effort

I’ve done that tutorial. It’s a pdf and its too big to place here so if any body wants it I’ll need an email address and I’m not sure what the protocols of doing that are. The pdf outlines how to get from this

to this

image.jpg

By the way, the picture does not portray the final project nearly as well as it actually is.

GB