Darkly Labs Community

Brains Trust

I’m already having this discussion with Domenic from Darkly Labs but thought it may help to call on the collective knowledge of fellow users.

I’m using the Emblaser 2 with the latest firmware (as of 23/2/18), LightBurn software, air assist (silicon) & fume filtration add on unit. Optics have been deep cleaned & a calibration test has been done successfully.

Last year I was able to cut black Perspex as well as 3mm & 6mm mdf. The trouble seemed to start after I was cutting a lot of 6mm mdf for a project I was working on. The machine has slowly seemed to lose power since then, even after the deep clean & purchasing the silicon air assist nozzle thing. 

After running the calibration test & checking it was fine I tried to cut 3mm red Perspex the other day. It cut the Perspex cover paper okay but only made a cut of approximately less than half a millimetre into the Perspex.

Thoughts???

Hi Patrick,
How is the lens? No black spots appearing in the centre?
After purchasing and using the silicon air assist for a while I moved back to the original air assist (with the second generation brass nozzle with the larger aperture) as I found it was more reliable.
I have never attempted to cut MDF or perspex to n the E2 so can’t compare there. How does black perspex cut? Maybe red doesn’t cut as well?
As long as I regularly maintain my machine I am getting consistent cuts. I clean my lens using isopropyl alcohol from Bunnings squirted onto the end of the lens pen. I found this to be more effective and economical than the lens wipes.
Jeremy

Last time I cut red 3mm acrylic my settings were
100% 150mm 4 passes

I have had no luck cutting all the way through black acrylic ever which is one of the reasons I got the E2. Now I have the new single piece lens, I will give it another go and see if I can get some settings for you.